Wednesday 18 June 2008

NASA Apollo 11 Mission Patch

Apollo 11 First Lunar Landing Mission Patch


This patch needs no introduction. It is one of only a few mission patches that did not include the name of the individual crewmembers. Continuing with the NASA assertion that the mission was 'For all Mankind'.


Can you believe that we are fast approaching the 39th Anniversary of the historic moment that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin set foot upon another world. Why on earth haven't we returned?
On July 20, 1969, the human race accomplished its single greatest technological achievement of all time when a human first set foot on another celestial body.
Six hours after landing at 4:17 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (with less than 30 seconds of fuel remaining), Neil A. Armstrong took the “Small Step” into our greater future when he stepped off the Lunar Module, named “Eagle,” onto the surface of the Moon, from which he could look up and see Earth in the heavens as no one had done before him.
He was shortly joined by “Buzz” Aldrin, and the two astronauts spent 21 hours on the lunar surface and returned 46 pounds of lunar rocks. After their historic walks on the Moon, they successfully docked with the Command Module “Columbia,” in which Michael Collins was patiently orbiting the cold but no longer lifeless Moon.
Spaceboosters Online Store has embroidered replicas of the Apollo 11 mission patch (above) and a range of Apollo anniversary editions, plus postcards and posters.
Patchman.




4 comments:

Uncadon said...

I have a framed piece of Owens Corning Beta Fiberglas with an Apollo 11 insignia printed with Roma Questral Space Age Pigments
from ROMA CHEMICAL--Division-United Merchants & MAnufacturers., Inc. Fall River, Massachusetts that my father obtained when he worked fro UM&M. What might it be worth and how could I go about marketing it?

Unknown said...

I also have the same as above that was given to me by Julien Paul a mentor of mine who was either the Pres or VP of Roma Chemical. I too wonder what the value is even though I doubt I'd sell it. Mr Paul did tell me there were very few of these made.

Unknown said...

I also have the same peIce and I'm curious as to what the value is although I will never Sell It I will pass it down to my children do the fact that I know it is a piece of American History.

Unknown said...

Have you found out the value of your patch yet? I have same one my dad gave me and he got from a man who was a higher up at roma chemicals.